Student bloggers at the W. P. Carey School of Business donate their time and stories to benefit both current and prospective business students. Explore the bios below to learn more about individual bloggers, including their career aspirations, involvement on campus, and more.

Jump to:

Trevor Thompson | Madison Hayes | Maeve Norton | Amanda Haagen | Kimberly Coley | Courtney Robertson | Kolton Nelder | Jiacheng Yuan | Yuwei Zhao | Jean Jimenez | Li Cao | Taylor Fukui | Ahmed Imam | Melissa Brandle | Viniti Parikh | Jiemin Yu | Martin Nguyen | Abby Speer | JoLey Hamilton | Amanda Wegleitner

Trevor Thompson

Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics

Involved In
Alpha Kappa Psi, Connectors@WPC, Network Scholars, SCMA

Dream Job
Supply chain professor with years of experience that I can apply to my classes.

Why I Blog?
I blog because I love both ASU and W. P. Carey and want to give back to both the school, as well as to future Sun Devils! The experiences that I have had as a student have shaped me both personally, as well as professionally, and I want to share those experiences.

See all posts by Trevor Thompson

Madison Hayes

Business Communication

Involved In
American Marketing Association, Business Communication Student Association, National Society of Collegiate Scholars

Dream Job
Manage a youth theater.

Why I Blog?
I blog because I love getting involved with W. P. Carey and sharing my voice through writing.

See all posts by Madison Hayes

Maeve Norton

Supply Chain Management, Spanish Literature Minor, Certificate in International Business

Involved In
Barrett Events Office, Fleischer Scholars, W. P. Carey Mentorship Programs, ASU’s Blaze Radio- KASC 1330 AM, Movement Exchange at ASU, Entertainment Business Association

Dream Job
Supply chain manager for a top musical instruments manufacturer.

Why I Blog?
I blog for W. P. Carey because it’s a super fun activity that combines my passions for writing and for the college. I am very happy to be a part of W. P. Carey and am excited to share my experiences here with others.

See all posts by Maeve Norton

Amanda Haagen

Marketing

Involved In
Peer Programmer, Alpha Kappa Psi, The Respect Movement

Dream Job
Not entirely sure yet, something along the lines of event planning management.

Why I Blog?
I want to share my experiences with students who are both looking into and are already within W. P. Carey because this school has done so much for me. Without all of the opportunities they provided me with, I wouldn’t be nearly as successful of a student that I am today.

See all posts by Amanda Haagen

Kimberly Coley

Business Law

Involved In
ASU Transfer Student Ambassador, ASU Undergraduate Law Association

Dream Job
Attorney, consultant, and, possibly, a business owner.

Why I Blog?
As an ASU Transfer Student Ambassador, I offer guidance to college students who are planning to transition to ASU after graduation.

See all posts by Kimberly Coley

Courtney Robertson

Marketing, Film and Media Studies Minor

Involved In
Entertainment Business Association, McCord Scholars, Connectors@WPC, Tillman Scholars, Leaders Academy A.P.P.L.E., WBLA, Barrett Talent Match

Dream Job
Marketing in the entertainment industry and at some point working for Disney or a publication like Entertainment Weekly.

Why I Blog?
W. P. Carey has provided me with so many amazing opportunities and resources, so I want to give back by letting all of you know about them too!

See all posts by Courtney Robertson

Kolton Nelder

Supply Chain Management, Business Management

Involved In
Peer Programming Program Director, SCMA, Club Ultimate Frisbee, STEP program, BSI, Fleischer Scholars, Mr. University

Dream Job
Food and drink taster, supply chain consultant, change consultant.

Why I Blog?
I blog because I want to reach out to new audiences and share personal experiences with individuals that might learn something from it. This communication will helpfully make some people’s lives more interesting due to increased knowledge and a new perspective. Hopefully, through achieving this, I will also get feedback to better communicate activities and experiences in the blogging world.

See all posts by Kolton Nelder

Jiacheng Yuan

Accountancy

Involved In
Leaders Academy, Connectors@WPC, Beta Alpha Psi, university academic success program SI leader

Why I Blog?
I want to express my life to upcoming students and lead them to get involved in W. P. Carey. In addition, I would like to make a solid contribution to the W. P. Carey School of Business.

See all posts by Jiacheng Yuan

Yuwei Zhao

Accountancy

Involved In
Connectors@WPC

Dream Job
Accounting analysis in Big Four.

Why I Blog?
As an junior international student at W. P. Carey, I experienced a lot of things that other students may not meet with. I want to share my stories and useful tips with all W. P. Carey students, especially international students. I hope my posts can give them some ideas how to get involved in the W. P. Carey School and achieve success.

See all posts by Yuwei Zhao

Jean Jimenez

Finance

Involved In
SCMA, AIESEC, Enactus, project management with W. P.  Carey’s master’s students. I also work for the School of Earth & Space Exploration (SESE)’s business operations/headquarters on campus

Dream Job
My dream job would be to work for McKinsey & Company as a management consultant.

Why I Blog?
I blog because I want to be inspired and inspire other people. I also blog because it’s kind of a way reflect on my past to improve my future.

See all posts by Jean Jimenez

Li Cao

Accountancy

Involved In
Beta Alpha Psi

Dream Job
Accountant.

Why I Blog?
I blog because I want to share my own experience with other ASU and W. P. Carey students. I want to help them gain more resources on ASU campus.

See all posts by Li Cao

Taylor Fukui

Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Communication and Sustainability Minor

Involved In
Peer Programmer, Special Event Planner’s Association (SEPA)

Dream Job
My dream job is to open up my own small farm and participate in local farmer’s markets. I would also like to eventually open up my own event planning company.

Why I Blog?
I enjoy blogging because I strongly believe in sharing my knowledge with others to help them better themselves. I have enjoyed my time here at W. P. Carey and I hope to make it the best experience for all current and future Sun Devils by sharing my knowledge and experiences. Go Devils!

See all posts by Taylor Fukui

Ahmed Imam

Finance, Business Entrepreneurship

Involved In
W. P. Carey Mentorship Programs, Student United Way, ALPFA

Dream Job
Large scale investor.

Why I Blog?
Writing is something that I really enjoy and have been doing on my own time for a while now. Also, I am passionate about W. P. Carey and helping all students realize the opportunities available here.

See all posts by Ahmed Imam

Melissa Brandle

Marketing

Involved In
Business School Council, Leaders Academy, Peer Programmer, Devils’ Advocate, American Business Women Association

Dream Job
To work as a strategist for a marketing agency in San Francisco, Seattle, or any other major city.

Why I Blog?
I blog because it is my “me” time where I can reflect on all my experiences. Within all the hustle and bustle of a crazy busy school day, blogging is my chance to slow down, think, and analyze. It’s a great way to de-stress and appreciate everything I have gone through.

See all posts by Melissa Brandle

Viniti Parikh

Global Politics, Business Entrepreneurship, Pre-Med

Involved In
American Medical Students Association, Alpha Epsilon Delta, Global Business Association

Dream Job
It is a toss up between becoming the CEO of Mayo Clinic and becoming the Surgeon General for the United States.

Why I Blog?
I blog for two reasons. The first being that I feel that many people in W. P. Carey miss out on the exciting programs that it sponsors, and as a consequence miss the valuable opportunities to impact our community. The second reason is because I like to reflect on my past and improve my future. I feel that blogging is the best way to change because it forces me to evaluate my past in two ways: from the perspective of other people and from the perspective of myself.

See all posts by Viniti Parikh

Jiemin Yu

Accountancy

Involved In
The United Way

Dream Job
Accountant and/or designer.

Why I Blog?
Being a senior international student, I want to share my experience with others to help them transition here at ASU. Also, being a blogger is a good way to inspire.

See all posts by Jiemin Yu

Martin Nguyen

Accountancy

Involved In
Connectors@WPC, Vietnamese Students Association

Dream Job
Financial planner and CPA.

Why I Blog?
I blog to educate and entertain business students from my personal experience at W. P Carey, learning from my ups, downs, and the lesson of making mistakes.

See all posts by Martin Nguyen

Abby Speer

Business Communication

Involved In
STEP program, Alpha Phi

Dream Job
Still haven’t figured out the specifics, but working for a top magazine company in a big city.

Why I Blog?
To express my thoughts about this amazing school and what makes it so unique. I want the students to know about all the opportunities they have here and resources they could be missing out on. Arizona State University is so special and I have many of great things to say about it.

See all posts by Abby Speer

JoLey Hamilton

Business Management, Theatre Minor

Involved In
Leadership Scholarship Program, TICKET, Woman as Hero, Women’s Business Leaders Association, Ignite@ASU, Hugh O’Brian Youth

Dream Job
Be an actress with my own theatre company.

Why I Blog?
I blog because I truly believe in the power of storytelling and what it can do for people. I have always enjoyed writing and hope my experiences can help other students in one way or another. Plus, I love W. P. Carey and want to write about the great things going on here.

See all posts by JoLey Hamilton

Amanda Wegleitner

Accountancy

Involved In
Transfer Ambassador

Dream Job
My dream is to become a forensic accountant.

Why I Blog?
I transferred to ASU as a junior, but in life I thought of myself as a freshman. When I started at the community college, I did not have anyone who sat down with me to explain how college works, and I am figuring it out as I go. I blog because I want to inform other students (and prospective students!) about life at W. P. Carey, using my experience for examples. I hope that others can take my mistakes and triumphs, learn from them, and apply that insight to their own college experiences.

See all posts by Amanda Wegleitner

Top