Guide for Mapping to WPCarey Network Drives (P:, G:, Q:)
PREREQUSITES FOR ACCESS:
– for access off-campus, you must first be connected to the ASU VPN
– must be a member of faculty or staff
1. Click Go
2. Select Connect to Server
3. Enter the network path desired. You will want to use the prefix, “smb:”
The path for the personal storage area (or G: Drive) is //itfs1.asu.edu/(username)
The path for the shared department drives (or P: drive) is //wpcfas02.wpcarey.ad.asu.edu/shares
***NOTE*** Your Username is your ASURITE ID that is 8 characters or less and is used to log into the ASU computers and web pages
4. Click Connect
5. Enter asurite\username in the first field of the login window (Student Workers: please use asuad\username)
6. Enter your password
7. Check the box next to Remember this password in my keychain
8. Click Connect
9. The network drive will now appear in the Finder under “Shared”
1. On your keyboard, hit Windows logo key + E to open the File Explorer.
2. Select This PC from the left pane. Then, on the Computer tab, select Map network drive.
3. In the Drive list, select a drive letter. (P, G, or Q depending on which drive you wish to map)
4. In the Folder box, type the path of the folder you wish to connect to:
– The path for the personal storage area (or G: Drive) is \\itfs1.asu.edu\(your username)
– The path for the shared department drives (or P: drive) is \\wpcfas02.wpcarey.ad.asu.edu\shares
5. To connect every time you log on to your PC, select the Reconnect at sign-in check box. Then, hit Finish.
6. If you are on a non-ASU computer, then you will be asked for your username and password. Your username is your ASURITE, which should be entered in the form asurite\(your username).