category icon

Focus on Career Leadership

The recruiting season is already gearing up at W. P. Carey. Several top companies — especially those looking for Supply Chain students in the first wave — will be visiting campus during the upcoming weeks to conduct interviews, including Amazon, Dell, Chevron, Apple and Deloitte.

MBA Career Leadership Course

One of the main reasons I decided to attend W. P. Carey is due to the strength of the Graduate Career Center (GCC) and the tailored approach the coaches use to help each student prepare for the process. The list of resources available to me is extensive. In addition to personalized coaching appointments and mock interviews, the W. P. Carey GCC offers a Career Leadership class, which covers everything from resume development and crafting cover letters, to building and maintaining a strong professional network, to refining a list of target companies.

It’s a terrific way to help MBA students — many of whom have no background in formal business settings or are switching functions — develop their personal brands. We’ve already heard from a couple W. P. Carey alums describing their experiences with the GCC and how the personal attention helped them reach their career goals.

When I was trying to decide among different MBA acceptance offers over the summer, W. P. Carey put me in touch with a GCC career coach, who spent an hour with me and my wife talking about all the great career resources. It truly helped me get a better sense of all the terrific opportunities out there and how to capitalize on them.

Now I’m looking forward to working with the GCC during the rest of my W. P. Carey journey to develop my job search strategy. There are lots of reasons to consider the W. P. Carey MBA — small classes, the location, the quality and affordability — but the career resources here might be the biggest selling point.